The Leading UW Solution for Machine Perfusion of Kidneys
Organ Recovery Systems offers KPS-1, the gold standard machine perfusion solution having the same composition as UW Machine Perfusion Solution originally formulated by F.O. Belzer, MD*, and James Southard, PhD*, at the University of Wisconsin®*.
* Belzer UW® and University of Wisconsin® are registered trademarks of the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, respectively. Organ Recovery Systems, Inc. has no affiliation with the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, F.O. Belzer and/or James Southard, PhD.
KPS-1 at a Glance
- Available in 1 Liter bags
- Two-year shelf life
- Ambient storage, cool before use
- User-friendly bag with graduated marks
- No filter required
- Intended for the flushing and continuous hypothermic machine perfusion of kidneys at the time of their removal from the donor in preparation for storage, transportation and eventual transplantation into a recipient
- Manufactured to FDA cGMP and ISO 13485 standards in the USA
KPS-1 includes constituents (Hydroxyethyl starch [HES]), which have been associated with hypersensitivity reactions in some patients. Physicians should be alert to treat possible reactions.