The Leading UW Solution for the Flushing and Cold Storage of Abdominal Organs
Organ Recovery Systems offers SPS-1, the gold standard static preservation solution having the same composition as originally formulated by F.O. Belzer, MD* and James Southard, PhD*, at the University of Wisconsin®*
* Belzer UW® and University of Wisconsin® are registered trademarks of the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, respectively. Organ Recovery Systems, Inc. has no affiliation with the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, F.O. Belzer and/or James Southard, PhD.
SPS-1 at a Glance
- Available in 1 or 2 Liter bags
- Two-year shelf life
- Ambient storage, cool before use
- User-friendly bag with graduated marks
- No filter required
- Intended for the flushing and cold storage of kidney, liver and pancreas organs at the time of removal from the donor in preparation for storage, transportation and eventual transplantation into a recipient
- Manufactured to FDA cGMP and ISO 13485 standards in the USA
The donor organ must be flushed free of the SPS-1 (UW Solution) prior to the reperfusion. The organ must be flushed with physiological solution to prevent occurrence (in the recipient) of potentially serious cardiovascular complications such as hyperkalemic cardiac arrest or bradyarrhythmia. This is necessary because of the high concentration of potassium in the solution. These precautions must be taken prior to re-implantation (or transplantation) to avoid cardiac arrest in the recipient.
SPS-1 (UW Solution) includes components (allopurinol and pentafraction) which individually have caused hypersensitivity reaction in patients.