1 Gill et al; Pulsatile perfusion reduces the risk of delayed graft function in deceased donor kidney transplants, irrespective of donor type and cold ischemia time; Transplantation; 2014.
2 Bissolati et al; Renal Resistance Trend During Hypothermic Machine Perfusion Is More Predictive of Postoperative Outcome Than Biopsy Score: Preliminary Experience in 35 Consecutive Kidney Transplantations; Artificial Organs; 2018.
3 Stratta et al; Influence of pulsatile perfusion preservation on outcomes in kidney transplantation from expanded criteria donors; Journal American College of Surgery; 2007.
4 Moers et al; Machine perfusion or cold storage in deceased-donor kidney transplantation; New England Journal of Medicine; 2009.
5 Chatauret et al; Mechanistic analysis of nonoxygenated hypothermic machine perfusion’s protection on warm ischemic kidney uncovers greater eNOS phosphorylation and vasodilatation; American Journal of Transplant, 2014.
6 Jochmans et al; Machine perfusion versus cold storage for the preservation of kidneys donated after cardiac death; Annal of Surgery; 2010.
7 Gasteiger, S. et al; A Retrospective Propensity Score Matched Analysis Reveals Superiority of Hypothermic Machine Perfusion over Static Cold Storage in Deceased Donor Kidney Transplantation; J. Clin. Med; 2020.
8 Watson et al; Cold Machine perfusion versus cold storage of kidneys donated after cardiac death: A UK multicenter randomized controlled trial; American Journal of Transplant; 2010.
- Briet et al; Arterial stiffness and pulse pressure in CKD and ESRD; Kidney International; 2012.
- Gallinat et al; Reconditioning by endischaemic hypothermic in-house machine perfusion: A promising strategy to improve outcome in ECD kidney transplantation; Clinical Transplantation; 2016.
- Gallinat et al; Role of pulsatility in hypothermic reconditioning of porcine kidney grafts by hypothermic machine perfusion after cold storage; Transplantation; 2013.
- Guy et al; Hypothermic machine perfusion permits extended cold ischemia times with improved early graft function; Experimental and clinical transplantation; 2015.
- Schold et al; Are we frozen in time? Analysis of the utilization and efficacy of pulsatile perfusion in renal transplantation; American Journal of Transplant; 2005.
- Southard, J. and F. Belzer; Organ Preservation; Annual Review of Medicine; 1995.
- Vaziri et al; Analysis of machine perfusion benefits in kidney grafts: a preclinical study; Journal Translational Medicine; 2011.
- Kox et al; hypothermic machine perfusion is also beneficial for deceased donor kidneys when cold ischemia time is short and short cold ischemia time is also beneficial when kidneys are machine perfused; Abstract ATC meeting Boston; 2016.
- Pirenne et al; Renal resistance during machine perfusion is a risk factor for delayed graft function and poorer graft survival; Abstract ESOT congress Paris; 2009.
Check out the most recent posts
Novel Oxygenation Technique for Hypothermic Machine Perfusion of Liver Grafts: Validation in Porcine Donation after Cardiac Death (DCD) Liver Model
In a pre-clinical study using a porcine DCD model, Panayotova et al. sought to validate the novel technique of oxygen “pre-charge” for hypothermic machine perfusion (HMP) using the LifePort Liver Transporter. The study evaluated the effects of this preservation method...
David’s Transplant Journey
In this powerful video, we meet David, a liver recipient who shares his journey of needing a liver transplant. David speaks about the emotional and physical toll of waiting for a liver to become available, not knowing when or if he would receive that call. David takes...
Changing liver utilization and discard rates in clinical transplantation in the ex-vivo machine preservation era
A recent review article by Azizieh et al. focused on the implementation of ex-vivo machine preservation and how it might change the perception of organ acceptability. By focusing on machine perfusion, they explored the effects of the different modalities on outcomes...
Therapeutic Hypothermia or Hypothermic Machine Perfusion (HMP) which is best for Kidney Transplant Outcomes?
In 2023, Malinoski et al. published the results from a pragmatic, adaptive, prospective, randomized trial that was conducted between August 10, 2017, and May 21, 2020 involving six OPOs in the US. They sought to determine whether targeted mild hypothermia is as...